Making clay home decor items are so common now a days, so today I will talk about making green air dry clay home decor christmas garland miniature.
Materials required- Green Air dry clay(you can use any clay you needed), clay tools, working mat, carving tools, water, small empty containers, firing machine ( if you use earthenware or stoneware clay), glazing and sealing solutions.
Process- firing the clay is optional ( only if you use other clays which needs to be fired), it’s for home decor purpose only.
- Make your clay ready add water and knead it well on working mat.
- Take a small chunk of clay and roll it into ball shape.
- Make a small round circle and cut it from centre.
- You are left with small round outer clay part.
- Now using water finish and polish it well.
- Seal all the end points together well with water and liquid clay.
- Finally use water to finish and polish it all.
- Now make small petals and small round balls and small branches to decorate this garland.
- Place all on the garland circle with the help of water and finish it well.
- Let it dry completely.
- Fire it if you use other clay that needs to be fired.
- Use watercolor or any color to color the green small round balls to red to give it a different look (optional)
- Use sealer to seal it if you are not firing it.
- Finally use glaze to color it if you want to.
- And you are ready with small miniature clay garland.
Watch video tutorial here