Making clay home decor items are so common now a days, so today I will talk about making terracotta clay home decor miniature plate.
Materials required- Terracotta earthenware clay(you can use any clay you needed), clay tools, working mat, carving tools, water, small empty containers, firing machine ( if you want to fire it), glazing and sealing solutions
Process- firing the clay is optional as we wont be using this pieces in kitchen and it won’t be coming In contact with water so this part is optional, it’s for home decor purpose only.
- Make your clay ready add water and knead it well on working mat.
- Take a small chunk of clay and roll it into ball shape.
- Using pinch pot technique make it into a flat plate.
- Give shapes at the end of plate.
- Now using water finish and polish it well.
- Seal all the end points together well with water and liquid clay.
- Now using carving tools carve it out as you wish.
- Finally use water to finish and polish it all.
- Let it dry completely.
- Fire it if you wish to.
- Use sealer to seal it if you are not firing it.
- Finally use glaze to color it if you want to
You can watch the complete video tutorial here
Hopefully you find it useful let me know what you think